ONTARIO P.I.R.G. – Job Posting Provincial Bookkeeper/Co-ordinator
The provincial network of the Ontario Public Interest Research Group provides the opportunity for the members of the individual PIRGs and OPIRG Organizing Committees to meet, exchange ideas, and work together in starting new PIRGs and providing training opportunities for all active members. Responsibilities: Working with the Board of Directors and other staff, and with a small supervisory committee for input and support, the Provincial Bookkeeper will:
• Manage the financial affairs of the Provincial organization including but not limited to:
▪ bookkeeping (e.g. banking, receivables, payables, invoicing, inventory control);
▪ financial record keeping (filing and archives), reporting (financial statements, audit);
• input into financial planning (budget and funding formula development), and
• maintenance of the Long Term Disability plan, Health Plan and charitable status.
• Facilitate inter- PIRG communication
• Ensure all staff cheap viagra members are familiar with the Collective Agreement and the Provincial Policies and Procedures
• Act as liaison to staff, offering new staff orientation to the Provincial Network
• Insure that local chapters perform their Portfolio duties including:
▪ organization of Provincial staff and board training and;
▪ organization of Provincial meetings
• Assist with PIRG Awareness campaigns
This is a part-time, an average of 40 hours a month for a total of 240 hours, causal renewable contract for six (6) months. The rate of pay will be between $20 and $25 an hour depending on experience. A small budget for
expenses associated with the work including office supplies and transportation is also provided.
Experience with Ontario Public Interest Research Group is an asset. Experience in bookkeeping and anti-oppression work is required. Must be able to do banking in Guelph. *The Ontario PIRG bank account and corporate documents are kept in Guelph, therefore, it is necessary for the successful candidate to retrieve mail and do banking in Guelph.
Interested applicants should email their application to email@example.com by January 14, 2010. Please submit applications only as RTF generic viagra (Rich Test Format) or PDF (Adobe) documents. Please include resume and cover letter stating your qualifications. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
OPIRG welcomes the contributions that individuals from marginalized communities bring to our organization, and invites aboriginal people, people of colour, women, lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgenderd people, transsexuals, intersexed people, working class people, single parents, members of ethnic minorities, immigrants, and people with disabilities to apply. We encourage applicants to describe the contributions and experiences, they, as individuals who identify with marginalized communities, would bring to the OPIRG organization in their cover letter.