OPIRG Kingston is able to do what we do with the generous support of students and community members. Click the button below to learn more about OPIRG Kingston, or read on to find out about our volunteering opportunities.
Event support volunteers help us ensure our events run smoothly. Tasks look like:
- Helping to set up event spaces
- Welcoming attendees
- Helping to facilitate discussion groups
- Distributing food (following COVID-19 safety guidelines)
We’re always looking to engage with folks on campus and in our wider community. Tabling with OPIRG Kingston looks like:
- Distributing print materials and stickers
- Talking to people who walk by, engaging them in conversation and answering questions
Who do you know?
Ask your course instructors, TAs, and department assistants to circulate OPIRG Kingston events and initiatives via email lists, course homepages, and announcements at the start of classes and meetings.
Postering and social media
We like building up our community presence. Posters are a great way to get folks’ attention. The more people we reach, the more we can do!